A scar is usually a biological form of wound repair in the skin and other tissues.
Injury to a tissue, by an accident or invasive surgery or other diseases results in a series of corrective mechanism by the body. This is called the natural healing process. Scars are usually the end point of this process. There will be regeneration of new tissues and new skin builds over.
Normal and Abnormal Scars
Normal ones do not cause any pain or itchiness and is not discoloured. The whole process of skin repair takes about 3 months. Though these marks also stay for a very long time, they are usually less problematic.In few cases, the marks do not fade even after several months and is visibly different from the normal skin surrounding it. These are abnormal. They further cause pain and discomfort.
How to treat scar marks?
There are two ways of treating them
- Invasive techniques – This involves complex surgery, laser treatments etc.and can be very painful and expensive
- Non-Invasive Techniques- Includes compression therapy, use of external lotions and creams to heal the marks. Though there are several such lotions and creams available in the market, their effects are often questionable and not proven.
Strataderm is a specially designed silicone based gel for effective healing of both new and old scars.
Silicone gel therapy has been proven effective on scars for years. This is a transparent, self drying, gas permeable silicone sheet that adheres to the skin once applied. Its formula makes sure the gel stays on for a very long time on the scarred skin, working its way in fading out the marks.
Further, it gives the required moisturization thus protecting them from both microbial and chemical attack. This way the collagen synthesis followed by scars are normalised forming a mature scar.
The following are the properties of strataderm:
- Dries quick
- The silicone gel stays for a very long time on the skin
- Non sticky and non odourless
- Very little gel is sufficient for effective application
- Does not cause any kind of infection or rash and hence is safe even on children
- Can be applied on any part of the skin
- Relieves itchiness and pain
- Reduces redness and discolouration
How to use Strataderm?
- Apply a very thin layer of the gel over the scarred skin
- It dries clear in less than 3 minutes
- Apply it in the morning and it will stay for the whole day
- Once it is dry, it is safe to use your regular cosmetics or garments
- It is advised to continue using the product for 2-3 months to see its benefit.Larger and complex scars may take a little longer to heal.
Scar marks are traumatic and one has no reason to live with it. In case you suffer with a severe scar that causes discomfort, inflammation or pain without healing for a long time, make sure you consult your doctor for appropriate advice.Strataderm is gentle enough to be used by any individual and has changed the lives of thousands around.