Hysterical schoolboy, 12, screamed ‘help me, help me’ after friend, 12, was electrocuted on railway tracks in Merseyside

Hysterical schoolboy, 12, screamed ‘help me, help me’ after friend, 12, was electrocuted on railway tracks in Merseyside

- in Uk News
66
0

A SCHOOLBOY screamed “help me, help me” after his tragic 12-year-old pal was electrocuted on railway tracks last night.

The victim, named locally as James Myers, was killed after he walked over the live lines in Bootle, Merseyside.

Mercury Press

Emergency services rushed to the scene in Bootle, Merseyside, following the horror discovery last night[/caption]

Reports suggested two youngsters had been walking on the tracks
Mercury Press

A man, who was first on the scene, said he heard the horrifying cries from the boy’s friend on Monday night.

He said: “I was out walking my dog last night when I heard screaming.

“A boy was saying ‘help me, help me’ and I rang the police.

“I didn’t see the boy who was hurt, but it’s horrible what happened.”

Today the British Transport Police confirmed the youngster was electrocuted and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.

Floral tributes were this morning left at the scene from heartbroken members of the local community.

A family friend said: “James was always happy, always with a group of friends. He was a sensible boy, always put a smile on others’ faces.

A boy was saying ‘help me, help me’ and I rang the police.


Stunned eyewitness

“I’ve seen kids on the tracks sometimes. There needs to be more about safety on the tracks, nothing is being done about it.

“I just want to help the family know what happened so they can put him to rest.”

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Lewis said: “This is an incredibly tragic incident which I know will have shocked many in the local community.

“I would like to extend my deepest condolences to the boy’s family.

“I would like to appeal to anyone in the area who may have seen two young boys close to the tracks around this time to get in touch with us.”

A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Officers were called to the line in Bootle shortly after 7pm last night following reports of a casualty on the tracks.

“Paramedics also attended, however, sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”


The tragic incident happened in the same part of Liverpool where two-year-old James Bulger was snatched before being tortured and killed on train tracks.

James was taken from the Strand Shopping Centre in Bootle on February 12, 1993, by Robert Thompson and Jon Venables.

The pair were only 10 years old when they became the country’s youngest murderers in 250 years.


For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online, where we will bring you live updates as soon as they happen, before anyone else.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun, and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun, where we will bring you this story and all the rest of the top news and exclusives of the day.

TheSun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like

Christmas post chaos feared as Royal Mail staff vote to strike over festive season

POSTIES have voted to bring havoc to Christmas