A BRITISH lottery ticket holder has today become the country’s biggest ever winner after coming forward and claiming the £170million EuroMillions jackpot.
The lucky punter matched all five main numbers – 07, 10, 15, 44, 49 – as well as the two lucky stars – 03, 12 – in Tuesday night’s draw.
The lucky winner has today come forward[/caption]
The lucky punter is now richer than pop star Ed Sheeran[/caption]
DO YOU KNOW THE LUCKY WINNER? Phone 02077824351 or email [email protected]
They are now richer than singer Ed Sheeran, who is worth an estimated £160million and Adele who is worth around £150million.
The ticket holder is also better off than actress Helen Mirren and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
And whoever has claimed the huge prize can splash out on outrageously expensive items like a superyacht or private desert island.
With the enormous jackpot in their bank account they could fly into space and back with Virgin Galactic an incredible 850 times.
Camelot said there would be no information on whether the winner is an individual or a syndicate, or where the ticket was bought, unless the ticket-holder decides to go public.
The prize would be paid out at a ticket validation appointment and the ticket-holder would then decide whether or not to remain anonymous.
Andy Carter, senior winners adviser at the National Lottery, said: “This is the biggest win ever on The National Lottery and we look forward to helping the ticket-holder start to enjoy their new-found wealth.”
THE WORLD'S FIVE BIGGEST LOTTO WINS
- £1.308 billion (Powerball) on January 13 2016 in the US, for which three winning tickets were sold, remains history’s biggest lottery prize
- £1.267 billion (Mega Million) a winner from South Carolina took their time to come forward to claim their prize in March 2019 not long before the April deadline
- £633.76 million (Powerball draw) from a winner from Wisconsin
- £625.76 million (Powerball) Mavis L. Wanczyk of Chicopee, Massachusetts claimed the jackpot in August 2017
- £575.53 million (Powerball) A lucky pair of winners scooped the jackpot in Iowa and New York in October 2018
The £123 million winner in June has never revealed their identity and Camelot, which runs the National Lottery and EuroMillions, would not say whether it was an individual winner or a syndicate.
Adrian and Gillian Bayford, from Suffolk, took home more than £148 million in August 2012.
It has been a particularly successful year for Britons in the EuroMillions this year, with several jackpots claimed.
In the New Year’s Day draw, Patrick and Frances Connolly, from Northern Ireland, won the £114.9 million EuroMillions jackpot.
Ade Goodchild landed a £71 million prize in March, while another anonymous ticket-holder bagged £35.2 million in April.
Meanwhile, another Briton won £1 million in the Millionaire Maker Selection game on Tuesday.
The Thunderball numbers were 13, 11, 26, 12, 29 and the Thunderball itself was 10, but no-one won the top prize of £500,000.
Mr Carter added: “One incredibly lucky ticket-holder has scooped the enormous £170million EuroMillions jackpot. They are now the UK’s biggest ever winner.
MOST READ IN NEWS
“It’s been a fantastic year for UK EuroMillions players, with an amazing five jackpot wins.
“In June, one lucky ticket-holder, who chose to remain anonymous, became one of the UK’s biggest ever winners after scooping a £123 million jackpot.
“As always, the team are on hand to support and help guide the new winner as they start their adventure with their life-changing win.”
WHO ARE THEY RICHER THAN?
- Charles Saatchi, who has a net worth of around £146m
- Ed Sheeran, who has a net worth of around £160m
- Brian May, who has a net worth of around £160m
- Sir Tom Jones, who has a net worth of around £165m
- DJ Calvin Harris, who has a net worth of around £165m
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.