A DOCTOR bit into a ginger biscuit and almost swallowed a tooth — which was not his.
Retired GP George Birdwood, 90, eats a McVitie’s Ginger Nut with a cup of tea first thing every day.
Retired GP George Birdwood bit into a ginger biscuit and almost swallowed a tooth[/caption]
He said: “I bit into one and found I’d got a hard object in my mouth which turned out to be a human tooth. It certainly wasn’t one of mine, it could only have been from the biscuit.
“I am confident in saying it is a lower front tooth.
“The root is eroded to an extent it wouldn’t surprise me if it had simply fallen out of someone’s mouth.
“It must have fallen into the mix at some point. Thank goodness when baking the biscuit it would have been sterilised!”
George, of Tetbury, Gloucestershire, reckons the tooth came from a woman aged 50 or over.
most read in uk news
He said: “I got on to McVitie’s who just sent me a standardised letter of reply. They never got back to me properly.”
McVitie’s said: “Food safety is our number one priority. We take consumer complaints very seriously.
“We have spoken to Dr Birdwood and requested the object be sent to us for a full investigation but have yet to receive it.”
The McVitie’s Ginger Nut along with tooth found by retired GP George Birdwood[/caption]
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]