A FAMOUS billionaire has paid a woman £1million to stop her speaking about a relationship she claimed left her with two sex infections.
The married tycoon — a household name — was granted a High Court injunction on Friday.
The married tycoon was granted a High Court injunction to stop his ex making claims she was left with two sex infections[/caption]
According to court documents, the pair started a secret fling in 2017.
But after it ended last year the businessman claimed the woman, identified only as Ms O, began threatening to reveal details.
She then instructed a US attorney in July 2018, alleging the man, named as Mr J, had given her the two STIs. Mr J denied this and offered to exchange medical records.
In his ruling, Judge Mr Justice Pepperall referred to correspondence between the US attorney and Mr J’s London-based lawyers Carter Ruck.
The woman’s lawyer is alleged to have said: “It seems that your client has had unprotected sex with a number of different women.
“If he is going to go around having sex with multiple different partners without a condom then he’s going to get them sick and he’s going to have to pay for it.”
most read in uk news
The jet-setter agreed to pay $1.5million and Ms O signed a sworn statement in August 2018 confirming that she had “totally and completely obliterated and destroyed” all evidence of their relationship. Mr J paid the first $1million with the rest due later.
But this April Mr J was told by a mutual pal, dubbed Ms X, that she had been shown snaps of the former lovers together. In August, Mr J’s lawyers demanded repayment — while Ms O claimed her privacy rights had been breached under EU law.
Justice Pepperall’s ruling keeps both parties anonymous. The rest of the case will be ruled upon later.
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]