A BOY has revealed his scars after he was struck by a firework which set his t-shirt on fire.
Ben McCabe was at a fire display near his home in North Lanarkshire, Scotland, when a stray firework flew inside his jacket.
Ben, who was four at the time, sustained third degree burns to his chest, neck, right arm and behind his left ear.
And he still receives treatment, now at the age of 12.
The youngster had to undergo a number of
His recovery was helped tremendously with support from the Scottish Burned Children’s Club, which aims to help youngster come to terms with the trauma they endured,
Mum Amy told the Daily Record: “Obviously I am very strongly in the direction of a complete ban on the sale of fireworks to the general public.
“Too many people enjoy it and I can’t stop people enjoying what they like.
“But I don’t think it’s right that the general public should get access to fireworks.”
MOST READ UK NEWS
Scotland’s community safety minister Ash Denham said: “Over the last few years we’ve seen a lot of anti-social behaviour around bonfire night.
“We’ve seen instances where police officers have been injured and members of the public have felt quite unsafe because people have been using fireworks in the street, launching them at people.
“I’d like to work with the UK Government on restrictions to the sale of fireworks.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.