AN ex-cop says he’s been left fearing for his life after claiming to have been handed secret film shot inside the home of paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
John Mark Dougan fears he could be targeted by “dark and powerful forces” who want the allegations surrounding the disgraced financier and his old pal Prince Andrew to go away.
Prince Andrew was pictured going for a stroll through New York with Jeffrey Epstein in 2010[/caption]
The former Florida sheriff was granted asylum in Russia in 2016 after exposing police corruption.
He told the Sunday Mirror: “I’m genuinely worried my life could be in danger.
“The people who don’t want this information out there are really powerful and it wouldn’t be too hard for them to find me in Russia and whack me.”
UNDERAGE SEX SCANDAL
Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein killed himself last month in a New York prison cell where he was detained on charges of sex trafficking teenage girls.
The Duke, 59, has been accused of having sex with Virginia Giuffre (now Roberts) when she was 17 – under the age of consent.
The Duke has vehemently denied all allegations against him, saying he did not “see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that led to Epstein’s arrest and conviction”.
Mr Dougan, 42, says he was handed 200 hours of footage by Joe Recarey in 2009-2010.
The Palm Beach County detective – who was in charge of Epstein’s first case in 2008 – died last year, reportedly after a brief illness.
But Mr Dougan is concerned there was more to the 50-year-old’s death than was reported.
Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts, aged 17, at Ghislaine Maxwell’s townhouse in London in 2001[/caption]
Dougan now works in Moscow as an IT consultant after he was granted asylum in Russia after reporting police corruption, but he still feels unsafe.
He said: “I’m worried foul play may have been involved because the timing was when the Epstein stuff started kicking back up against.
“If he had been called in as a witness he would have had a lot of stuff to say.”
Dougan says the film can only be decrypted “in the event of my arrest, if I go missing…or in case of my unusual or untimely demise”.
He has not disclosed the content of the footage in question, saying he’s only seen parts of the film handed over to him.
MOST READ NEWS
Today the FBI’s investigation has been expanded to identify more alleged human trafficking victims of Epstein.
The Sunday Times has reported the FBI expects to interview 100 alleged trafficking victims — most of whom were aged between 14 and 15 when allegedly trafficked.
This will take place over the next two months and Scotland Yard is ready to help.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.