A HORRIFIED vegan is “traumatised for life” after biting into a Greggs pork sausage roll after asking for a meat-free one.
Sharleen Ndungu, 20, said she had heart palpitations and burst into tears after realising the pastry snack contained animal flesh.
She said: “I haven’t had meat in two years. My belly started hurting and my heart started going crazy.
“People can be allergic to pork and potentially die from such a stupid mistake.”
Sharleen complained at the store in Canterbury, Kent, and was offered a £2 refund.
The student, who tweeted a video about her experience, then contacted the firm’s customer services and was offered a £30 voucher — which she rejected.
She added: “I asked for a public apology to make people aware they should watch out for things like this.
“It’s my choice not to consume meat because it causes cancer. That choice has been taken away from me.
most read in uk news
“I’m traumatised for life now — I’m never going to Greggs again.”
A shift manager at the Greggs store said: “We have a fix-it-now company policy where we offer the customer a refund straight away.
“If they don’t accept that then we’ll put them through to head office. She definitely received an apology.”
- GOT a news story? RING us on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]