MAURA Higgins has officially confirmed she’ll be a contestant in the forthcoming series of ITV’s Dancing On Ice.
She’s landed major endorsement deals since leaving the villa, and is still believed to be dating Curtis Pritchard, but what else should you know about her?
Who is Maura Higgins?
Maura Higgins is a 28-year-old model and grid girl from County Longford, Ireland.
And she’s no stranger to being around celebrities, revealing that she’s worked with plenty of athletes throughout her booming modelling career.
She has worked with brands like Monster and at events such as Bellator MMA and FIA World Rallycross.
In 2017, Maura also starred in Liam Payne’s music video for his single Get Low and has met pop princess Ariana Grande.
Before meeting Curtis her longest relationship lasted a whopping nine years.
When is Maura Higgins appearing on Dancing On Ice?
On September 24, it was announced on This Morning that Maura Higgins will be taking part in the latest series of Dancing On Ice.
The reality TV star even made an appearance on the show to share the exciting news with ITV viewers across the nation.
Maura stood in a giant inflatable snow globe as Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby hyped up the reveal.
The Love Island beauty made it known that she’ll want to pair up with a strict professional partner in order to keep her tantrums in place.
“I need someone strict to keep me in line, ” she shared. “Otherwise I’ll just throw a strop and lay on the floor.”
“[Headbangers] frighten me a lot. I’m more excited than scared, though. I’m brave and competitive so I think that will drive me.”
Are Maura Higgins and Curtis Pritchard official?
The couple placed fourth on Love Island 2019.
They got together about two thirds through the show after Curtis dumped Amy Hart.
However, despite reaching the grand final, the couple is still not “official” and haven’t called each other boyfriend and girlfriend.
Has Maura Higgins had surgery?
Rumours have been swirling that Maura has had cosmetic surgery, as she looks starkly different now to photos taken during her youth.
However, her mother, Sharon, has vehemently denied her daughter had any work done, stating she has simply “matured”.
Speaking to the Longford Leader, Sharon said: “She never got plastic surgery ever. The only thing she ever got done – and she never hid it, she had it up on her own Instagram – was she got some lip filler.
What is Maura’s official Instagram page?
Her official Instagram tag is @maurahiggins.
And given that she’s a model who has worked with plenty of famous faces – and it isn’t surprising to know that her social media page already has over 1.7million followers.
Maura uses the platform to showcase her modelling work while also giving fans a glimpse into her fabulous life, having recently flown to Palm Springs, California, for the annual Coachella music festival.
What happened to Maura Higgins on Love Island?
- Maura made her Love Island debut in episode nine, alongside fellow newcomer Elma Pazar, and immediately went on her first of three dates with Tommy Fury.
- Clearly a fan of the 20-year-old boxer, Maura let slip a number of shocking innuendos, which did not go unnoticed by fans.
- She shared a date with Tommy, Michael Griffiths and Danny Williams while the rest of the Islanders watched from the terrace – clearly bothered with how well she had bonded with the guys.
- Maura fed Michael some of her dessert, leaving Islanders to gasp in shock and prompting Amber Gill to walk straight past her and Michael when it was time to meet the new girls.
- In episode 11, Maura told Tommy she had feelings for the boxer – while on the day beds, she then asked him whether he wanted to kiss her.
- Tommy finally made his mind up after being torn between Molly-Mae and Maura, and chose to couple up with Molly-Mae. Anna and Maura were left alone and at risk of being dumped from the villa. But they were given another chance when Maura received a text telling them they were heading on dates with new boys, Tom Walker and Jordan Hames who would soon be entering the villa.
- Following their dates, Maura was keen to claim Tom as her own but he made it clear he was interested in getting to know Elma more.
- Episode 14 saw Maura and Elma lock horns over Tom’s affections. However, Elma got dumped from the island at the end of the episode.
- Tom has now made a play for Maura, but she’s not sure.
- Maura has her sights set on Danny, and urged him to dump Yewande.
- Tom and Maura have started getting close again and they share a kiss after Tom takes control.
- However, he messed everything up minutes before the pair were set to spend the night together in the Hideaway. Despite Maura being in hearing distance, he cockily told the boys that he would be find out if she was “all mouth“.
- The comment riled Maura, who accused the model of being “a follower”, however, after he apologised and waited on her hand and foot she forgave him and accepted his offer to recouple in episode 19.
- Maura and Tom have been getting closer in the bedroom but the model was seen admitting to Jordan that the ring girl doesn’t tick all his boxes.
- Maura confronted Tom in a heated exchange. However the rocky patch was short lived as Tom was dumped from the villa, leaving Maura to be a single lady once more.
- The Irish beauty shared her first kiss in Casa Amor with Dennon Lewis and could not wait to tell the other girls about their steamy smooch in episode 24.
- Maura began to pick faults in Dennon and admitted she would be interested in getting to know Marvin Brooks more.
- In episode 26, the Irish beauty picked Marvin in the latest recoupling, stunning her fellow Islanders when she returned to the main villa with him.
- When Amy Hart was crying over Curtis, Maura had to deliver some home truths and told the former air hostess: “He doesn’t [love you]”.
- At the end of episode 28, Maura was seen revealing to Lucie Donlan that she has a crush on Curtis Pritchard.
- Maura asked Curtis to teach her to dance and he obliged by showing her some moves. She then decided to pull Curtis to the side for a little chat where she admitted that even though he was coupled up with Amy, she was always into him. And now that he’s single she confessed that she “has feelings for him”.
- The Irish grid girl shared a steamy smooch with Curtis during the lap dancing challenge in episode 33.
- Maura was left looking like the green-eyed monster when love rival Francesca Allen picked Curtis in the re-coupling before she had the chance.
- Curtis gives Maura a massage in full view of the other Islanders.
- Maura was thrilled when Curtis decided to sleep on the daybed, instead of with his current partner Francesca in episode 36.
- In episode 37, Curtis took the model to the terrace to reveal he had chosen her over Francesca.
- Curtis and Maura then spent their first night together outside on the day beds.
- Fans speculated that Curtis and Maura had sex after they showing moving around under the sheets.
- In episode 41, the Irish grid girl picked AJ Pritchard’s younger brother to recouple with for the first time.
- In episode 42, Curtis and Maura enjoyed their first official date and appeared pretty smitten with each other – with Curtis even declaring he was the happiest he’d ever been.
- In the challenge which saw Islanders throw water at each other to fill in the blanks of the headlines, Curtis and Maura were left irritated by a headline which accused their romance of being “fake”.
- Maura and Curtis were treated to a night in the Hideaway but the next day she went against the ballroom pro and told Anna Vakili that Jordan was trying to crack on with India.
- The Irish grid girl and Curtis had a huge falling out after he revealed Jordan was interested in India Reynolds and he advised him to go for it.
- Maura and Curtis went on their final date, with the pair enjoying a romantic meal while a woman played the harp, in episode 46.
- Maura’s parents surprised her in the villa, and left viewers guessing after her mum made some ambiguous comments about Curtis. The only compliments she could come up with was that he’s “nice”, before she added: “There’s obviously something you see in him.” Maura and Curtis received two votes from their fellow Islanders for the most incompatible couple. However, they were saved by the public, beating Anton Danyluk and Belle Hassan into the final.
- In the final on July 29, 2019, Curtis and Maura came in fourth place – losing out to winners Amber Gill and Greg O’Shea.