A MUM has released a warning after her can of dry shampoo exploded in a car and ripped a massive hole in its sun roof.
Christine Debrecht, from St Louis, Missouri, said the can had become overheated in her daughter Josie’s Honda Civic, before it blew apart.
When she first saw Josie’s car, she thought “something fell from the sky”.
But after inspecting the vehicle they noticed a white substance amongst the charred mess.
She told Fox2Now: “We were all just shocked, we had no idea what happened.
“It looked like a tornado had hit the inside of the car.”
It wasn’t until they found the can of shampoo, they realised the can blew with so much force, “it blew the console cover off its hinges and shot through the sunroof”.
‘LIKE A TORNADO’
Posting pictures of the state of Josie’s car on Facebook, she described what happened.
Christine said: “It was hot yesterday and the can exploded.
“It blew the console cover off its hinges shot through the sun roof and went high enough in the air that it landed about 50 feet away.
“I just want to remind you (and your kids) to heed those warnings on products you may be using.
“Please don’t leave aerosol cans (and especially dry shampoo, as this seems to be an issue with some brands) in your car!
“I am so grateful that no one was hurt.”
MOST READ WORLD NEWS
The lid of the Equate Beauty dry shampoo had popped off with so much force, it looked as though it had been cut off.
The product contains ingredients including propane, butane, isobutane, chloride, and phenethyl alcohol.
It does contain the warning, “container may explode if heated”, and it has the extra warning, “extremely flammable”.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.