A BRITISH family were “eaten alive” by a horde of false widow spiders that invaded their home.
Mum-of-two Kate Leverett said they discovered their home was infested with a nest of the creepy-crawlies after one of the spiders bit her on the bum.
Kate, from Norwich, also says the spiders also moved in last year as well, and gave a nip to her daughter and son, who had chicken pox at the time.
Kate told the Daily Star: “I assume I was bitten on Friday night because on Saturday morning I woke up and I felt a bit of a sharp sting on my bottom.
“I asked my husband to take a look at the area and he said it looks a bit red, like a spot, but there wasn’t really anything else to be concerned about.
“Later that day, we went out for dinner and when we returned home, again I said to my husband I feel really sick and asked him to look.”
As Kate knew she reacted badly to bites and stings she took herself off to A&E where she was treated.
When she returned her husband decided to check the whole house for any more of the eight-legged creatures and found around 20 spiders on each window..
Kate said: “In our doorway there was a whole nest of baby spiders, then around 30 mid-size spiders and a couple of adults near our window and my son’s window.
In our doorway there was a whole nest of baby spiders, then around 30 mid-size spiders and a couple of adults near our window and my son’s window
“Spiders were in our kitchen too, I think 5-6 near the kitchen window, so we’ve definitely had a real influx of them.”
Kate also said the family home was invaded the previous year by the false widow spiders but says she didn’t realise her kids had been bitten because her son was covered in chicken pox at the time.
At first she just assumed the large wounds were just chicken pox but then they started weeping.
When wounds appeared on her daughter she just thought she had picked up chicken pox from her brother but then the marks became “really hot and red” and she took her to their GP.
Kate’s daughter was also bitten again two weeks ago, telling her mum the “funny spot” on her leg had appeared.
most read in uk news
Kate said: “I think people need to be a bit more aware, we do have venomous spiders in this country that bite you.
“If anyone feels a pin prick bite and notices a reaction, go to the doctors because it could lead to something more serious like sepsis.”
Earlier this month Louise Edwards, 49, was left with an oozing “golf ball-sized abscess” in her armpit after being bitten by a false widow spider while she was clearing out her summerhouse.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.