A BOY left paralysed after eating a contaminated burger from Lidl has died eight years after the meal.
Nolan Moittie, ten, was rushed to intensive care yesterday morning when his heart stopped beating.
Nolan Moittie could not be revived after he was admitted to intensive care yesterday[/caption]
The ten-year-old was left paralysed for life after eating a contaminated burger from Lidl[/caption]
He died shortly afterwards, despite medics’ efforts to revive him, Le Parisien reported.
Nolan was just 23 months when he became one of 15 children in the Hauts-de-France region to fall ill having eaten beef contaminated with E.coli.
The boy was left paralysed for life, unable to walk, talk or eat.
the other children suffer from conditions that will affect their kidneys for the rest of their lives.
The lawyer of Nolan’s family, Florence Rault, said the boy had suffered a ‘real ordeal since the accident’.
Bosses at Seb-Cerf, who marketed frozen steaks under the Steak Country brand, were tried at Douai Criminal Court in northern France in 2017.
Former boss Guy Lamorlette, 78, was sentenced to three years in prison for failing to carry out checks on the meat.
He was also banned from any industrial or commercial activity and ordered to pay damages to the victims.
At a February hearing Lamorlette tried to blame Laurent Appere, the company’s former quality manager who died just before the trial began.
most read in news
Lamorlette is said to be considering an appeal.
Nolan’s family lawyer, Florence Rault, told Le Parisien: “I hope that the person responsible for this tragedy will have the decency to withdraw his appeal on points of law.
“At the first trial, he did not even want to watch Nolan, now he must serve his sentence and Nolan’s parents must be able to be compensated and mourn.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.