FORMER Big Brother contestant Roxanne Pallett has revealed she considered suicide following the backlash over the Ryan Thomas ‘punch-gate’ row.
The 36-year-old actress left show fans furious after she accused Ryan of “deliberately” punching her last year.
Ex Emmerdale star Roxanne has admitted she contemplated taking her own life following her Big Brother stint[/caption]
However, the ex Emmerdale star has since apologised for lying about the Coronation Street actor, 35, last summer as she made a return to the Jeremy Vine Show on Friday.
Making her TV comeback, host Jeremy asked Roxanne if she had ever considered taking her own life following the ordeal, to which she replied: “Yes.”
Watching back clips from the controversial series, she said: “Looking back at those clips it’s awful. It was a really awful time for a lot of people.
“It’s only now that I watch those back that I realise how far I’ve come and what a bad place I was in.”
She made her TV comeback on the Jeremy Vine Show today[/caption]
Roxanne revealed she hit rock bottom after the show[/caption]
The incident, which sparked more than 27,000 Ofcom complaints, left viewers furious[/caption]
Roxanne appeared on the Channel 5 show just days after her infamous exit from the house.
Since then, she has used her time out of the public eye to “educate” herself.
She added: “I never want be that person again. I never want to react like a situation like that.
“If I can do anything now it’s to make sure no one else does makes the same mistakes I have. Because it can happen to anyone, and it happened to me.”
She said: ‘I never want be that person again’[/caption]
She has found love with new man Jason Carrion[/caption]
Ryan went on to be crowned the CBB winner[/caption]
“I chose to go on on that show. I put myself out there and I made a mistake in the public eye. I don’t blame people for saying what they felt.”
This isn’t the first time Roxanne has spoken openly about considering taking her own life.
Earlier this year, the star told The Sun she hit rock bottom after quitting the show and going into hiding.
She said: “I’ve lost my career, my radio jobs, my life as I knew it, everything.
MOST READ IN TV AND SHOWBIZ
“I’ve only got my mum, my auntie and two friends now who I trust implicitly.”
Although things only got worse for her at the end of October 2018, saying: “There was no light at the end of the tunnel and I didn’t want to be here anymore.”
The CBB incident, which received more than 27,000 Ofcom complaints, was aired five months before she appeared on Celebrity Coach Trip on E4.
The controversial reality star is currently dating new boyfriend Jason Carrion.
The new romance comes seven months after she and fiance Lee Walton parted ways.
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.