I’m A Celebrity 2019 ‘under threat’ as out-of-control fires rage towards camp

I’m A Celebrity 2019 ‘under threat’ as out-of-control fires rage towards camp

- in Gossip
59
0

I’M a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! could be “under threat” as out of control fires in Australia rage towards the camp.

The ITV competition is set to return in a few weeks time, but the £7 million camp may have to be relocated as firefighters are struggling to put out the blaze in Springbrook National Park, New South Wales.

I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! camp may have to be relocated as firefighters are struggling to put out the fires in Australia
Rex Features

Hundreds of people and families have had to flee their homes after over 40 fires ripped through the country earlier this week.

Speaking about the severity of the blaze, Police Commissioner for Queensland, Katarina Caroll, said: “The consequences of some of these fires are dire.

“People can die. Buildings and residents are being destroyed.”

However, ITV bosses have been in contact with the fire service in New South Wales ahead of the new series, and have been told there is “no immediate concern”.

The blaze started on Tuesday this week
EPA
The devastating blaze has seen people forced to leave their home
EPA

A spokesperson from the broadcasting channel told The Daily Star: “We are in contact with the New South Wales fire brigade and we ­currently have no immediate cause for concern.”

While firefighters are doing their best to tackle the fire, they are also hoping a change in weather will extinguish the flames.

A separate source previously told The Sun: “ITV’s jungle is actually a banana plantation that cost £7million to turn into a working TV studio so if the fire gets any closer to it there will be some very worried executives.

“For now they’re crossing their fingers that the weather helps them and the firefighters keep on top of the worst of it.”

The fires are getting closer to the £7 million Im A Celeb camp – just weeks before its return
Rex Features
ITV bosses are in contact with the New South Wales fire service
AFP

Ant McPartlin is set to return to the nation’s much loved show to co-host alongside his pal Declan Donnelly, after Holly Willoughby stepped in for Ant last year.

Stars have already been signed up to undertake gruelling Bushtucker trials, including Blue’s Duncan James and football legend Ian Wright.

Former rugby player James Haskell, as well as Rak-Su band member Myles Stephenson are also tipped to compete on the show.


Earlier in the week at least eight of the fires were considered suspicious, according to Katrina who told reporters that cops had questioned three children over blazes.

“Some of the fires have involved children playing and obviously the consequences are dire as a result of that and … some of them have been purposeful and malicious,” she said.

It has since been reported two teenagers, aged 14 and 15, have been charged for allegedly starting the bushfire.


Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.

We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like

Christmas post chaos feared as Royal Mail staff vote to strike over festive season

POSTIES have voted to bring havoc to Christmas