AN alcoholic died after his wife locked him in a shed to stop him boozing.
Jon Daunter, 50, started a bike engine kept in the garden outhouse and was poisoned by fumes.
Wife Kim, 44, found the dad of three when she got back from shopping.
An inquest heard she told police: “I daren’t take him because he could jump out of the car because of being desperate to get drunk.
“We locked him in to ensure he wouldn’t get alcohol. He had water and warm clothes in there.”
Cops found no evidence the breaker’s yard boss, of Shirenewton, Monmouthshire, was forced in and ruled out foul play.
most read in uk news
Gwent coroner Caroline Saunders ruled in Newport that Mr Daunter did not intend to take his life and died from carbon monoxide poisoning — and his alcohol dependency had contributed.
Speaking at the time of his death, his family said: “On Saturday 11 Feb Jon was involved in an tragic accident that proved to be fatal.
“As you imagine we are all devastated. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our friends and customers for their ongoing support.”
Dad-of-three Jon, 50, pictured with wife Kim, 44, and daughter Charity, died from carbon monoxide poisoning[/caption]
Wife Kim locked the alcoholic dad up so he couldn’t get alcohol while she was out[/caption]
- GOT a news story? RING us on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]