BREXIT blockers have been handed a boost after a Scottish court says Boris was UNLAWFUL to shutdown Parliament.
Top judges rule in favour of an appeal against the PM and the case will go to the Supreme Court next week.
However, no measure is being made to cancel the suspension of Parliament, the Court of Session in Edinburgh heard today.
The original case was brought by a cross-party group of 70 MPs and anti-Brexit activists fighting to reverse the PM’s decision to stop MPs sitting for more than a month.
Last week it looked like Boris had seen off the legal challenge after top judge Lord Doherty ruled the prorogation was lawful.
Now the case will be taken to Britain’s highest court later this month.
A spokeswoman for the Supreme Court in London has said “should any parties choose to appeal to the UK Supreme Court following the prorogation appeal hearings in the lower courts”, the court has set aside September 17 “as a date to hear such an appeal”.
More to follow…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.