FORMER JLS star Oritse Williams reveals he has been “completely tormented” by his false rape hell as he opened up about the three-year ordeal for the first time.
The singer, 32, was cleared in May of raping a 20-year-old fan at a hotel in Wolverhampton following a solo gig.
Oritse today opened up for the first time about the nightmare ordeal that left his life in tatters.
He told Good Morning Britain: “It’s been horrific, I haven’t been able to work for three years.
“I had this accusation just hanging over my head every single day from the time I wake up in the morning until the time I go to sleep at night.
“It’s just completely tormented me. But I had two choices – either I could let it drag me under and completely destroy me or I could stay strong and hope that the truth would eventually come out, which ultimately it did.
“The worst moment is the effect it’s had on my family. I tried to protect my mother from the whole thing but when you’re in the public eye, I can’t stop [it].”
FALSE RAPE CLAIMS
Oritse was accused launching into a sex attack after plying the woman and her two pals with booze in a club.
The nine-day trial heard how the star allegedly raped the waitress at the Ramada Park Hall Hotel on December 2, 2016.
Jurors were told she could only remember “bits and pieces” of the night after drinking shots that were provided by Williams.
She admitted taking part in a “three way kiss” with Williams and her female friend while dancing in the VIP area.
He was later accused of raping one of the girls, who were described by hotel staff as looking “spaced out and zombified”.
But he was unanimously cleared of rape at Wolverhampton Crown Court after around two hours and 17 minutes of deliberation.
His tour manager Jamien Nagadhana was also cleared of two sexual assault charges.
TRYING TO MOVE ON
Celeb pals rushed to praise him for how he handled the case- with JLS bandmate Marvin Humes, 34, saying last month the star’s confidence had taken a blow.
But Oritse is now trying to rebuild his life and is trying to move on. But he blamed “understaffed” police for him not being to clear his name as he called for anonymity for those accused of rape.
He told GMB: “I sympathise with those calling for anonymity because of how it’s affected my life and my own experiences.
“[I] absolutely would’ve wanted to have my name cleared as quickly as possible for me to be able to move forward with my life and my family.
“But at the same time we also have to be able to encourage real victims to come forward, we can’t forget about that as well so I think there has to be consideration on both sides.”
Just days after he was acquitted, Oritse’s £3million London mansion was devastated by a fire in another crushing blow for the star.
The blaze at the home, which he gave to his ex-girlfriend, is being treated as suspected arson by police.
MOST READ IN NEWS
But Oritse is concentrating on his music after writing “some of the best songs of my life” while going through the false rape claim hell.
He said: “I poured my heart out into these songs, I bled all over them, shed tears all over them and at some point I would love to be able to share this music.”
JLS shot to fame on X Factor in 2008 after finishing runners-up to Alexandra Burke and went on to sell over ten million records.