PRINCE Andrew has put on a brave face as he appeared at a youth golf tournament in Northern Ireland today after facing a backlash over his friendship with paedo Jeffrey Epstein.
But he stepped out today for his third public appearance in three days after travelling to Bruges to mark the 75th anniversary since the liberation of the Belgian city by the Allies.
He also watched amateur golfers from the US and Britain and Northern Ireland battle it out in the Walker Cup Tournament on Sunday.
The 59-year-old was pictured this morning arriving for the Royal Portrush Golf Course in County Antrim in his role as founder of The Duke of York Young Champions Trophy.
During the event, he will meet with volunteers and local business supporters before presenting prizes.
It comes after it was revealed Jeffrey Epstein and rape accused movie mogul Harvey Weinstein were guests at Princess Beatrice’s 18th birthday ball.
And Prince Andrew continued to make headlines over the weekend after it was revealed he flew in to such a furious rage with a senior Palace aide that Prince Charles had to ask him to apologise.
Pressure has continued to mount on the Queen’s second son over his friendship with Epstein – with Sun royal author Phil Dampier warning the prince’s “reputation is in tatters”.
And it was just yesterday revealed he had flown on Epstein’s private just just weeks after the billionaire was arrested for having sex with underage girls.
The financier’s alleged sex slave Virginia Roberts claims she had sex with the prince aged 17 – which he strongly denies.
Prince Andrew was once pictured with his arm around her when she was 17 at a party thrown by billionaire Epstein.
And her lawyer this week blasted the claims that the photo is a fake.
Ms Roberts, 36, who now uses the surname Giuffre, had her claims against the royal thrown out by a judge who deemed them “immaterial” to her defamation case against “madam” Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew previously released a statement condemning his former pal.
Andrew said: “It is apparent to me since the suicide of Mr Epstein that there has been an immense amount of media speculation about so much in his life.
“This is particularly the case in relation to my former association or friendship with Mr Epstein. Therefore I am eager to clarify the facts to avoid further speculation.
“I met Mr Epstein in 1999. During the time I knew him, I saw him infrequently and probably no more than only once or twice a year. I have stayed in a number of his residences.
“At no stage during the limited time I spent with him did I see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction.”
The Duke was last pictured with Epstein in New York in 2010 after the hedge fund manager had been released from prison and was a registered sex offender.
At least five women who say they were abused by Epstein have filed lawsuits against his £458million estate after the paedo killed himself.
All said Epstein used a “vast enterprise” of associates to recruit them, subject them to unwanted sex acts and keep them under his control.
He was arrested on July 6 over claims he was involved in the sex-trafficking of dozens of girls as young as 14 from at least 2002 until 2005.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Epstein had denied the charges and was being held in prison until his trial where he was facing up to 45 years in prison if convicted.
A previous Buckingham Palace statement said: “The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged crimes.
“His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behaviour is abhorrent.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.