MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry recently became parents for the first time after the birth of baby Archie in May.
The royal couple have won hearts all over the world with their charity work and modern values. But how much do you know really about them?
Facts about Meghan…
- Meghan worked multiple on-camera gigs before she landed a role in Suits. She even worked as a briefcase girl on Deal or No Deal.
- She also starred as FBI special agent Amy Jessup in sci-fi thriller Fringe and had parts in CSI: Miami.
- On the big screen, Meghan has appeared in Horrible Bosses, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me.
- Her nose is the plastic surgery request of many Hollywood locals, E News reported.
- She’s a great cook. Speaking to Esquire, Meghan said: “I can whip up a great snack on a whim with almost nothing.”
- At the age of 11, she forced a soap manufacturer to alter an advert, after complaining it implied women belonged in the kitchen.
- US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres convinced her to adopt one of her dogs.
- Meghan has a communications degree.
- As a child, Meghan spent a lot of time on the set of US TV show Married… with Children because her dad was a photography director on it.
- Meghan was “discovered” at a party but while her career was starting out she worked as a freelance calligrapher.
- Meghan began dating Trevor Engelson, who has a production company, in 2004, and the pair married on September 10, 2011. They exchanged vows in Jamaica but divorced in 2013.
- In November 2016, Kensington Palace confirmed the Suits actress was the Prince’s girlfriend, with a statement adding that Harry was concerned for her safety due to high media attention.
- On November 27, 2017, it was revealed the happy couple would get married in the spring of 2018.
- On May 19, 2018 the couple tied the knot at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- Meghan gave birth to baby Archie on May 6, 2019, in Windsor.
- She is the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada and has been to Rwanda to promote the organisation’s Clean Water Campaign.
- In 2014 she was involved in a UN campaign for gender equality.
- She guest-edited a cover of Vogue magazine.
Facts about Harry…
- Harry once owned a lop-eared rabbit that lived in a yard at Highgrove country estate
- He’s a huge ice cream fan
- He’s a really good Fifa video game player
- Harry recently admitted he hates Twitter.
- He studied geography, art history and art at A-Level and left school with a B in art and a D in geography.
- He served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain.
- In an interview with NBC News, he said he would never stop thinking about the night Princess Diana died, and what happened in the tunnel.
- Following his marriage to Meghan Markle on May 19, 2018, the Prince assumed his new title as the Duke of Sussex.
- Harry served in the Army for 10 years, undertaking two tours of Afghanistan and rising to the rank of Captain.
- The prince attained the rank of Captain in 2011, working his way up from Cornet, or Second Lieutenant in 2006, to Lieutenant in 2008.
- According to The Richest, Prince Harry has an estimated net worth of around £40m.
- His exes include a Burberry model, an X Factor singer and a Strictly Come Dancing starlet. Here’s who the rumour mill has linked him to…
- Ellie Goulding
- Camilla Thurlow
- Cressida Bonas
- Florence Brudenell-Bruce
- Caroline Flack
- Mollie King
- Chelsy Davy
What is Meghan Markle’s full name and how old is she?
Meghan Markle, born August 4, 1981, is 38 years old.
Her parents are Thomas Markle and Doria Ragland.
Markle was actually born, Rachel Meghan Markle in Los Angeles, California.
She began to use her second name as she pursued her acting career.
Before she scaled back from her A-list lifestyle, Meghan described herself as “an actress, a writer, the editor-in-chief of my lifestyle brand, The Tig, a pretty good cook and a firm believer in handwritten notes”.
What is Prince Harry’s full name and how old is he?
Prince Harry was born Henry Charles Albert David, on September 15, 1984, and he’s 34 years old.
If Prince Charles had his way, Harry would have been named Arthur.
But in a recorded interview published in the 1992 book Diana: Her Story, by Andrew Morton, Diana said she thought the name was “too old”.
Harry was born at the private Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in London.
READ MORE ON THE ROYAL FAMILY
Are Harry and Meghan distant relatives?
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are said to be distant relatives, according to the Daily Mail.
A full family tree shows the couple’s link dates 15 generations back in time.