AMBER Gill is riding high after winning Love Island.
The Newcastle native split the £50,000 prize with Greg O’Shea – but now they have split. Here’s everything you need to know about the bubbly beauty therapist.
What has Amber Gill been up to since winning Love Island and has she split from Greg O’Shea?
Well Amber has been having a ball since leaving the villa and has been spotted at numerous parties.
However, things haven’t gone well for her and Greg O’Shea.
Despite winning Love Island, in September 2019 it was revealed that the pair have split.
The Sun revealed he dumped her by text.
Who is Love Island winner Amber Gill?
Amber is a 21-year-old beauty therapist from Newcastle.
Before going into the Love Island villa she described herself as someone with a big personality that gets on really well with others and she certainly proved that.
After a few ups and downs she went on to win the show with Greg O’Shea.
She was only coupled up with the sportsman for 12 days having previously set her sights on Michael Griffiths.
What happened to Amber Gill on Love Island?
- Amber was one of the first girls to go into the villa along with Amy Hart. She didn’t like the look of any of the guys but favoured Callum MacLeod who came in last. However, after they coupled up she complained that he was “boring”.
- Amber was hoping Tommy Fury was going to pick her when he got to choose a girl to couple up with, but he went for Lucie Donlan.
- Having grown tired of her partner Callum, Amber choose Anton Danyluk as her new man, meaning Callum got dumped from the island.
- Although she was currently coupled up with Anton, she took a fancy to dishy fireman Michael.
- Amber and Michael enjoyed their first kiss in episode 8, but that wasn’t before she dodged his initial offer for a smooch, as her breath was “smelly” following a sip of coca cola.
- Amber was not happy to learn that Maura Higgins had picked Michael to be one of her dates following her arrival, saying: “I am really bothered! But I can’t let anyone else see that”.
- Maura rubbed Amber the wrong way after having served Michael a dessert during their date.
- Once new girls Maura and Elma Pazar were officially introduced to the rest of the contestants, Amber made it no secret that she was unhappy with Michael by walking past him and Maura to greet Elma instead.
- Amber inserted herself in the Maura, Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy drama, by quizzing the model on her behaviour, insisting she should have spoken to the social media influencer before making a play for the boxer.
- Molly-Mae went to confront Maura after receiving a pep talk from Amber. Later Amber and Michael coupled up during episode 12’s recoupling.
- Amber learned via text that she would be heading out on her first date with firefighter Michael, and it was a hit! The two discussed life on the outside and Michael admitted that he thought his family would love her.
- Amber struggled to keep her cool after Danny dumped Yewande, causing her BFF to leave the villa. The pair butted heads even more when she saw him kissing Arabella Chi but time helped to heal the wound.
- The beauty technician took pride in the fact a Love Island fan said Michael is “whipped” by her and playfully gloated about the remark following the Online Buzz game in episode 21.
- Amber and Michael were voted by the public as one of the top three couples, alongside Tommy and Molly-Mae and Lucie and Anton, who then had to decide which two Islanders to dump from the villa. The couple also got into a spat as tensions rose in the villa.
- The Newcastle native refused to crack on with any of the new guys in Casa Amor out of respect for Michael, but he might not do the same.
- Amber was upset when she returned to the villa in episode 26 to find Michael Griffiths had chosen Joanna to couple up with, instead of her.
- The 21-year-old insulted Joanna Chimonides, by calling her a “dead ting“, before crying in Ovie Soko‘s arms.
- At afternoon tea with Joanna, Amber agreed to be civil with the social media influencer and admitted her issues lay with Michael in episode 28.
- Michael, Joanna and Amber had a three-way chat to clear the air on what exactly was said between Amber and Michael after his shock recoupling with Joanna.
- Amber escaped the next elimination because she was single.
- Marvin Brooks thought he’d try his luck with Amber but was swiftly put in his place.
- The Newcastle native broke down in tears and admitted to still having feelings for Michael in episode 33.
- Amber sat Michael down for a chat in episode 34 to explain why she laughed when it was revealed his heart rate had been raised the highest by her in the lapdance challenge.
- Chris Taylor continued to pursue Amber and things looked promising as the two enjoyed a chat about Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.
- At the dramatic night party, in episode 36, Amber confessed to Michael that she still has feelings for him, much to the annoyance of his partner Joanna.
- The beauty therapist was caught off guard when Michael summoned her for a chat to make it clear there is no hopes of them reconciling in episode 37.
- Michael reduces Amber to tears again – but later apologised.
- Amber goes on a date with newbie Greg O’Shea – but can’t get through the door.
- Michael then decided he still has feelings for Amber.
- In a shock move Michael told Amber it was always her he liked and not Joanna.
- Episode 41 saw the curly-haired beauty pick newcomer Greg over Michael in the recoupling.
- Amber and Greg shared their first kiss as they lay in bed together.
- The beauty therapist and her new beau continued to get to know each other and shared another kiss in episode 43.
- Aside from packing on the PDA with Greg, Amber was one of the first girls to have Anna Vakili‘s back when Jordan Hames tried to crack on with India Reynolds in episode 44.
- Amber was reduced to tears when her best pal, Anna was booted off the show in episode 45.
- The Newcastle lass enjoyed a romantic final date with Greg on a yacht.
- In episode 48, Amber’s mum and dad entered the villa. Amber’s mum admitted how upset she was having to watch her daughter get dumped by Michael.
- At the last ever elimination, Caroline announced that Amber and Greg were safe and through to the final.
- During the final on Monday, July 29, 2019, Amber and Greg were crowned the winners of Love Island 2019 and bag the £50k prize.
What controversy did Amber Gill land in?
Amber was forced to deny she’s racist after deleting a post saying she “doesn’t like black guys”.
The 21-year-old, whose dad is from Trinidad and Tobago, insisted the comment had been taken out of context after the old post, from December 2018, was unearthed.
In the image, which has now been deleted, Amber can be seen sticking up her middle fingers as a black man approached her in a club.
She wrote alongside it: “Look at my face u know I’m about to boot off. [sic]”
Amber then quoted the man as saying: “I seen you staring at me all night”, to which she replied: “First of all I don’t like black guys X.”
The original image was shared by a friend, who wrote alongside it: “Amber SICK of her life with another lad talking s***e.”
Her rep denied she was racist and they told the Metro: “We deleted the post as it was being taken out of context in regards to what actually happened.
“The guy was pestering Amber all evening, and she said he was old enough to be her Dad, so was referring to ‘I don’t date black guys’ because he reminded her of her own Father.
“The next part of [her] story stated this, but as the whole thing was being taken out of context we simply deleted.”
They added: “Obviously she’s not racist – her own father is from Trinidad/Tobago.
“She just didn’t want to date someone that looked the double of her Dad.”
How does Love Islander Amber Gill know Adam Collard and Ellie Brown?
Turns out, all three of them come from Newcastle and have crossed paths a fair few times over the years.
Commenting on her claim to fame before entering the villa, Amber said: “I know a few of the former Islanders from Newcastle, like Adam Collard and Ellie Brown.
“Everyone knows everyone in Newcastle!”
LATEST LOVE ISLAND GOSS
When was the Love Island 2019 final?
The Love Island 2019 final took place on Monday, July 29, 2019.
In a special extra long episode, the programme aired on ITV2 at 9pm until 10.35pm.
You can catch up with the drama on the ITV Hub.
A winter version of the show is expected in early 2020.