ANTON Danyluk and Belle Hassan have called it quits – just five weeks after leaving the villa.
The heartbreaking news has stunned many Love Island fans, but what transpired between the two that led to their sudden split? Here’s the lowdown…
Who is Love Islander Anton Danyluk?
Anton is a gym owner from Scotland — and he’s proud of being the first Scottish lad on the show.
Before going into the villa he described himself as funny, hard-working and motivated, however, he admitted to being moody and an over-thinker.
Anton, who’s believed to be about 5 ft 9 inches tall, took his time to find love in Majorca, but he eventually coupled up with latecomer Belle Hassan – and they never looked back.
The couple came fifth after being dumped by their fellow Islanders just before the final.
Anton now has a huge 1.2million followers on Instagram after his time in the villa.
You can follow him @anton_danyluk.
Why did Anton and Belle split?
The Sun revealed on September 5 that Belle and Anton were no longer together.
Apparently, the blonde beauty was bothered by the handsome Scot’s partying ways – and she hit her breaking point when photos of Anton cosying up to other bikini-clad girls surfaced online.
Clearly, Belle was not under the impression that the former Islander was taking their relationship seriously, consequently leading to her decision in calling it quits for good.
“Belle has seen all the pictures and videos of Anton in Ibiza and now just wants out,” an insider gushed.
“She feels he’s disrespecting their relationship and can’t see him changing his ways.
Funnily enough, Belle also had an issue with Anton’s obsession over pop star Craig David, feeling as if the handsome hunk had a bigger attraction to him than his bombshell babe.
“His obsession with Craig David also made her feel awkward. He seemed to be more excited about reuniting with Craig than speaking to her.”
Why did Anton leave the Love Island villa during the show?
On June 17, it was confirmed by ITV that Anton would not be featured in episode 39, as he’d become unwell with a mysterious illness.
Anton exclusively revealed to The Sun after his departure from the show that the illness was caused by extreme dehydration he got in the gym.
When in hospital, he was put on a drip to bring him back to good health.
Anton’s exit from the villa was never discussed on the show.
What happened to Anton Danyluk on Love Island?
- Anton was the first boy to enter the villa and coupled up with Amy Hart. But Anton’s wandering eye got the better of him and he told Lucie Donlan he fancied her more, which obviously angered Amy.
- Unfortunately for Anton his plan backfired and he became single again after Curtis Pritchard stole Amy from him.
- Anton was hoping to move on with Anna Vakili – but she was undecided.
- He then coupled up with Amber Gill following an elimination that ended up seeing Callum MacLeod packing his belongings and leaving the villa.
- Anton’s wandering eye has headed over to Molly-Mae’s direction after she moaned Tommy Fury had “taken a back seat.”
- After setting his sights on Molly-Mae Hague, Anton was left down in the dumps after realising his love triangle has turned into a square as now, he’s competing against Tommy and new boy Danny Williams to win her affections.
- The hunky gym owner is still trying to win Molly-Mae’s affection, but risked sabotaging himself when he told her Danny liked her.
- Anton turns his attention back to Anna but ends up rubbing her the wrong way when he tries to explain why he is attracted to her, even though she isn’t his type on paper. But he has hope again after enjoying a date with Elma.
- The fitness fanatic continued to show interest in the brunette beauty by having a conversation with the boys about her while out for a spa day in episode 11.
- Anton recoupled with Elma in episode 12.
- In episode 14, Anton was trying to deal with the fact Elma was willing to get to know new boy Tom Walker.
- Things changed drastically for the couple when Caroline Flack revealed that they were both up for elimination. The public voted to save Anton, meaning Elma got dumped from the villa.
- He has got his eyes set on newcomer Arabella Chi after she took him on a date.
- Anton has been pied again as Arabella prefers Danny.
- The gym-owner gave Islanders a detailed description about the way his mother shaves his bum for him.
- Anton made the kind decision to couple up with Lucie.
- After feeling guilty about seeing Yewande Biala go, Anton decided to apologise to Anna and Amber the following day for not speaking to them immediately after it happened.
- The group read out tweets from the public and it was revealed that Anton thinks Molly-Mae is playing a game. The honest Scot stuck to his beliefs, admitting that he felt like Tommy likes the social media influencer more.
- Lucie and Anton were voted by the public as one of the top three couples, alongside Tommy and Molly-Mae and Michael and Amber, who then had to decide which two Islanders to dump from the villa.
- The gym owner was thrilled when Belle Hassan asked to share a bed with him in episode 24 and could not help but share the news with the other boys in the villa.
- Anton was in his element when he competed in a series of sexy challenges with six stunning girls in episode 25.
- Anton and Belle took the plunge and coupled up in the shock recoupling during episode 26.
- Love Island fans poked fun at Anton over his “tears” at Craig David’s performance.
- The couple have now been on their first date and avoided elimination – with Anton finding out who her dad Tamer is.
- Anton was a little nervous when new boy Chris Taylor invited Belle on a date with him in episode 33.
- In episode 34, Belle chose to recouple with Anton and complimented him on his gym-honed physique, a remark which left the Scotsman blushing.
- Anton, Tommy and Jordan Hames are tasked with going shopping for food to prepare for a meal for the flat. While out on the trip Anton handed his number out to the supermarket checkout girl.
- Belle dumps Anton over his antics during the shopping trip.
- He and Belle managed to sort their differences out in episode 37 and put on a united front, despite some of the female Islanders disapproving of their reconciliation.
- Anton returned to the villa after being away for 24 hours after suffering a mystery illness.
- At the beginning of episode 41, Belle chose to recouple with Anton, bringing a smile to the gym owner’s face .
- In the challenge which saw Islanders throw water at each other to fill in the blanks of the headlines, Belle was left reeling after one of Anton’s friends claimed that she wasn’t “genuine”. Anton also questioned whether he was being “silly” with Belle after hearing what his pal had said.
- The Scotsman’s agreed with Anna that Jordan had made the wrong move by trying to crack on with new girl India Reynolds behind her back.
- Anton admitted it was good thing Anna and Jordan were voted off the series in episode 45, as the rift would have caused a divide in the villa.
- Anton’s mum entered the villa, and said she had taken a shine to Belle, despite not being keen on her originally. She had fans in fits of laughter when she presented Belle with a razor to shave Anton’s bum. Meanwhile, Anton received stern words from Belle’s dad, who warned him to take care of his daughter.
- After all the Islanders voted for who they thought were the least compatible couple, Anton and Belle’s fate was sealed by the public vote and they were eliminated.
Does Anton have any celebrity fans?
Caroline Flack admitted she thinks Anton is “gorgeous” while chatting to dumped Islander Elma Pazar on Love Island: Aftersun.
The 39-year-old said: “I must admit that Anton is way better-looking in the flesh, isn’t he? He’s got gorgeous eyes.”
Anton previously admitted that he likes blondes – with Margot Robbie his perfect girl.
Has Anton ever starred in another reality show?
Yes – this isn’t Anton’s first taste of reality TV.
The Islander previously starred in the now defunct show GLOW – a reality TV series based in Glasgow and in the same vein as the likes of Made in Chelsea, The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore.
The gym owner was in a relationship with ex Denise Wilkie when he filmed the programme in 2017, but admitted they had their fair share of ups and downs.
Speaking in the first episode of the second series to pal Paddy about his love life, Anton admitted he was close to breaking up with Denise a number of times in 2017 because his hectic work life started to take a toll on her.
Anton, 24, was exposed as a cheat during a dramatic on-screen bust-up.
Denise, 26, admitted that he broke her heart but doesn’t harbour bad feelings towards him.
The stunning blonde fell for the gym owner after they met on holiday in Ibiza and went on to date him for a year.
Now, Denise has forgiven the self-confessed love rat.
What is Anton Danyluk’s gym called?
It won’t come as a shock to Love Island fans to learn Anton has his own gym in Scotland, as the reality star is regularly filmed working out.
The Scotsman’s business is called The Ranch Fitness Retreat and the gym’s R logo is displayed across the premises.
There is even merchandise branded #TEAMRANCH, which Anton has modelled himself.
Based in Lothian, Scotland – near Anton’s hometown of Aidrie – the gym offers a number of fitness classes, workshops and events.
Also, the gym has a 30-acre private compound where a number of indoor and outdoor fitness packages are held.
The centre is open Monday to Saturday, while the classes – LTB, Zumba, Kettercise, Spin and Boxercise- is open Monday to Friday.
Membership varies, with the silver package costing £50 a month for unlimited access to the equipment and classes.
Meanwhile, a gold membership includes four personal training sessions, unlimited classes, weekly weigh-ins, a training plan and a personalised dietary plan for £100 a month.
Is Love Islander Anton Danyluk rich?
Judging by his interviews prior to entering the villa, he doesn’t sound like he’s short of a few bob.
When he was just 21 years old, the gym owner bought himself a Porsche.
Although the car impressed the ladies, Anton wasn’t very happy about it.
He explained: “I picked a girl up in that and she started taking pictures when she was in the car and sending it to her friends. The fact that she was doing that made me think it meant something to her.
“It shouldn’t matter what I was driving whether that be a Corsa or a Porsche so I finished the date right there.”
LATEST LOVE ISLAND GOSS
When was the Love Island 2019 final?
The Love Island 2019 final took place on Monday, July 29, 2019.
In a special extra long episode, the programme aired on ITV2 at 9pm until 10.35pm.
You can catch up with the drama on the ITV Hub.
A winter version of the show is expected in early 2020.