15-month-old boy almost bled to death after falling over with a glass in his hands and suffering a 3ins gash to his throat

15-month-old boy almost bled to death after falling over with a glass in his hands and suffering a 3ins gash to his throat

- in Uk News

A 15-month-old baby boy almost bled to death after falling over with a glass in his hand and tripping onto the shards.

Little Sonny Noble suffered a three inch long gash on his throat when he dropped the glass at home in York, North Yorks.

SWNS:South West News Service

Sonny Noble in hospital after dropping a glass and tripping onto the shards[/caption]

SWNS:South West News Service

The little boy in happier times before the accident left him in hospital[/caption]

His mum Tasha, 31, heard the smash on August 23, and ran out to find the youngster back on his feet but covered in blood.

After seeing blood gushing from his throat she told her oldest child, Izzy, nine, to call for help.

They frantically ran out into the street before a neighbour called 999 and an ambulance arrived, with the boy being rushed to hospital minutes later.

By the time he arrived at A&E his lips were blue and his skin had gone pale, and he was put in an induced coma.

He’s now able to eat and play and should be discharged within the week to make a full recovery, but is likely to be scarred for life.

Dad Mike said: “This is one of those tragedies that could happen to almost anyone. Every parent is guilty of leaving a glass out when they go to bed or something like that.

“Tasha and I just want to warn and remind people to be extra careful.

“Hopefully if people hear about what happened to Sonny they can prevent it from ever happening to their child.

“What’s happened to use has been so traumatic and painful.”


Electrician Mike was working when the accident happened and was told something had happened to Sonny over the phone by a neighbour.

He said: “It was absolutely sickening, I instantly felt physically ill.

“I dropped the phone out of my hands and had to sit down to collect myself.

“Then I ran out of the house where I was working, got into my van and started driving home.

“I don’t even remember the journey, it’s all a a blur.”

Mike added: “When I got home there were police officers everywhere and a crime scene investigation team.

“The area was taped off because it was being treated as a crime scene.

“Lots of neighbours were out on the street crying and hugging each other. That’s when I really processed the severity of the situation, it hadn’t sunk in until then.”

After arriving at his house Mike was taken by police to York Hospital to meet Tasha, who he said was devastated and blaming herself for the accident.

Soon after he was invited into the emergency room where Sonny was being treated.

Mike said: “Walking into the room was a surreal experience, I was so scared of what I was going to see.

“But even if it was going to be the last time I saw Sonny alive I still wanted to see him.

“He was just lying there on the bed in his nappy surrounded by 20 or 25 doctors and nurses.

“There was blood everywhere because his throat was still bleeding.”

The family are fundraising through GoFundMe for financial support, as Mike had to take unpaid leave from work to be with his family.

SWNS:South West News Service

Dad Mike and Sonny in hospital after he made a recovery[/caption]

SWNS:South West News Service

Little Sonny after coming out of the induced coma in hospital[/caption]

SWNS:South West News Service

He was unconscious for two days with a machine to help him breath attached[/caption]

SWNS:South West News Service

The family, who say they want to warn other parents of the dangers they experienced[/caption]

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like

Christmas post chaos feared as Royal Mail staff vote to strike over festive season

POSTIES have voted to bring havoc to Christmas