A WOMAN was found dead in bed after accidentally overdosing on painkillers for stomach pain, an inquest heard.
Tragic Elouise Collier, 29, was taking the pills after surgery on a stomach ulcer – but died after “pushing the limits” of her dosage.
Swansea Coroner’s Court heard how Elouise, of Port Talbot, South Wales, was found slumped in bed by her mum after the accidental overdose.
She had been prescribed the drugs after having half her stomach removed when an ulcer perforated.
But docs handed her even more after she complained of back pain in March 2018.
A post-mortem examination revealed she died of an overdose – despite doctors advising she only took eight tablets a day.
GIVEN DRUGS AFTER STOMACH ULCER
Mum Katrina said: “When she lost half her stomach, she nearly lost her life and was looking forward for the future.
“Eloise was still suffering with pain – her stomach would swell when she ate and she would have to lie down.
“But she seemed really happy and she had a holiday planned that she was really looking forward to.”
MOST READ IN NEWS
Swansea Coroner Colin Phillips, said: “She was pushing the limits in what she should be taking.”
Giving a conclusion of accidental death, he said: “Eloise did suffer with alcohol issues in earlier life, but she was in good spirits and had a positive outlook.
“It was not a deliberate act of overdose – it was an accidental overdose.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.