Moment teen killers chase rival, 23, around ping-pong table then stab him to death

Moment teen killers chase rival, 23, around ping-pong table then stab him to death

- in Uk News

HORRIFYING footage shows the moment two teenagers stabbed a man to death in a Brixton youth club.

Glendon Spence, 23, was playing ping-pong at the Marcus Lipton Youth Centre on February 21 when Rishon Florant, 17, and Chibuzo Ukonu, 18, burst in armed with knives.

Glendon Spence, 23, was stabbed to death while playing ping pong at a Brixton youth club
PA:Press Association
Rishon Florant, 17, denied but was convicted of murder after a trial at the Old Bailey
Chibuzo Ukonu, 18, was convicted of manslaughter
Florant and Ukonu are seen bursting into the Marcus Lipton Youth Centre armed with knives

CCTV images shown in court show Spence running around the table trying to escape before losing his footing and being set upon.

His killers had been dropped off outside the centre by a BMW 5 Series car bought by Ukonu days earlier for £1,150.

Both Florant, from Waltham Forest, and Ukonu, of Loughton in Essex, denied murder.

After a trial at the Old Bailey, Florant was found guilty of murder, while Ukonu was convicted of manslaughter.

The motive for the attacks is not yet clear.

Judge Mark Dennis, QC, lifted restrictions previously protecting Florant’s anonymity and remanded the pair in custody ahead of sentence on 10 October.


Prosecutor Julia Evans earlier told jurors: “From the CCTV footage alone, there can be no doubt that on the evening of February 21 Glendon Spence was chased into the youth centre and there is no doubt that he was attacked there, that he was stabbed and as a result of those stab injuries he died.

“He was the victim of a swift and merciless attack.”

Florant was detained the day after the attack while attempting to board a flight to Uganda from Heathrow, while Okunu fled to Manchester by coach before being arrested in Salford on February 27.

Youth centre worker Jonathan St Marie was moved to tears as he described the incident in court.

“He was stabbing down towards where Glendon was lying,” he said of Florant.

“It began at the edge of the table.

“The second assailant attacked from a much further distance.

“From my position it appeared he tried to run around the table too quickly and just lost his footing.

“He fell onto his side. He rolled on his bum as if to get up at which point the assailant began thrusting at him.

“Glendon was on his back trying to use his feet to kick away at the knife that [was] coming at him.

“His hand was going over the top towards Glendon’s groin area.”


Describing one of the weapons used in the attack, St-Marie added: “I believe that it was around 12-18 inches long.

“It looked to be serrated on one edge. There looked to be one or two sharp points on the end of it.”

DCI Richard Vandenbergh, said: “Youth clubs are expected to be a place of safety, a sanctuary for young people to be themselves and develop their skills and talents.

“The two males who burst in, each armed with large knives, turned that on its head with their actions which were sadly witnessed by so many other people.

“This attack was premeditated and this death underlines the vile nature of knife crime and the pain and terror it inflicts on communities.

“I would like to pay tribute to Glendon’s family for their dignity with which they have carried themselves throughout proceedings.”

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like

Christmas post chaos feared as Royal Mail staff vote to strike over festive season

POSTIES have voted to bring havoc to Christmas